Finding short sales on RealtyTrac
1. Search any county, city or zip code nationwide.
2. Click the Pre-Foreclosure or Auction tab on the search results.
3. Click the “Status” column to sort all for-sale properties to the top and then click on any “FOR SALE” icon to view the foreclosure details and listing details.
4. Compare the List Price to the First Loan Amount and Est. Market Value to determine if the property represents a potential short sale bargain.
5. Click on the “Trends” tab to view more details about the property’s sales history and price-per-square-foot comparison to other properties in the same zip code.